sbcltr recommends you visit The Alipore Post Offline in Bengaluru over the weekend
Stemming from a love of art, poetry, music, and all things beautiful, The Alipore Post is a daily newsletter curated by Rohini Kejriwal which now has nearly 15,000 followers. To keep the spirit of that community alive beyond the virtual space, Kejriwal curates, The Alipore Post Offline—a weekend of poetry readings, live music, one-of-a-kind workshops, experiential interactions, boards games and delicious food, all in a comfortable outdoor ambience of The Courtyard House, Bengaluru.
Check out the line-up for the second edition below.
- A Poetry Appreciation session led by Samantak Bhadra and Rohini Kejriwal, where poetry lovers can read/perform their own poetry or poems that have impacted them in some way.
- The PoeTree Corner around the plumeria tree in the courtyard will be full of art+poetry collages that have been shared on the newsletter.
- Poetry-on-the-spot being written by Gagana N.V
- Hula hooping and/or juggling with Gunjan Saraf
- ‘How To Draw Cartoons’ by B.V Panduranga Rao
- Marble Painting with Priya Choudhary and Kiran Johar of Lahe Lahe
- Pattern making with Neethi Goldhawk
- Relief Printmaking with Jai Ranjit
- Bookmaking & Binding workshop by Ameya Narvankar and Boski Jain
- Abhijeet Tambe
- Jeevan Antony
- Deidra (Nikhil Narendra and Shreyas Dipali)
- Vinyl sets by Etienne Sangita and Patricia Le Andre
- Our long-time collaborator Goobe’s Book Republic is doing a pop-up book store at the event, with great discounts for book lovers.
- The Voice Jar Project by Mehernaz Jila – a global community of readers and listeners – explores the impact of sharing a piece by reading it out loud.
- The good folks at Studio Kokaachi are bringing their awesome comics from Kochi!
- Tender Pokes from Delhi will be setting up a makeshift minimal tattoo studio
- Bangalore-based Mridula Harihar, the glass artist behind Full Fuse, will be selling her handmade glass + flower-fused jewellery & bottle platters as well as speaking to visitors about her process
- Zilpakala will also be present, selling their handcrafted indoor and outdoor planters to all you nature lovers :
- Original artworks by Navin Kushwah will be available at the venue
- Bawarchi Books will be selling their handcrafted diaries and notebooks
- The Alipore Post merch, including blockprinted diaries, Klimt’s The Kiss diaries, bookmarks, illustrated postcards, & zines will be sold at the merch store.
There will be F & B stalls by
- Third Wave Coffee Roasters
- Gitanjali Singh of Punny Cakes
- Local chaatwallahs and more!
The most beautiful aspect about the venue is the greenery and abundance of space. To keep visitors entertained, there will be:
- A Games Corner, with games like Carrom, Uno, Scrabble, Monodeal, Twister, Life, Jenga etc lying around, waiting to be played!
- A Doodle Corner, with art supplies left to pass time sketching/doodling/painting
- A Letter Writing Corner, with The Alipore Postbox and letter writing material to write and send to your loved ones (I will send out all the letters post the event). There will also be anonymous letters to be read.